[AES][VIDEO] New sE Electronics X1 mics
sE Electronics completes its sE X1 studio microphone series with tube and drums models as well as a Vocal pack.
After introducing edition 2014 of the sE X1 condenser, sE X1 R ribbon and USB versions along with the Studio Bundle earlier this year, sE Electronics unveiled at AES 2014 the sE X1 D for percussion, sE X1 T tube microphones and the sE X1 Vocal pack comprising the sE X1 condenser large diaphragm mic, sE shock mount, sE Metal Pop Shield and a 3m mic cable.
The sE X1 D is the first X1 microphone designed specifically for instruments, and more particularly for drum kicks and percussions, as well as basses, piano hammers, etc. This large diaphragm condenser mic features a titanium-sputtered capsule, which allows, according to sE Electronics, faster transient and attack than gold-sputtered capsules, as well as a clear sound.
- Large diaphragm condenser microphone with Titanium-sputtered shock-mounted capsule
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Dynamic range/max sound pressure level: 170dB SPL
- Sensitivity: -49dB mV/Pa
- Equivalent noise level: 28dB A-weighted
- -10dB pad
- 80Hz low-cut
- 3-pin XLR connector
- Ships with a side-mounted stand adapter and protective pouch
Second new product, the sE X1 T is a large diaphragm microphones described as the most affordable tube model made by sE Electronics. It is designed for vocals, acoustic instruments and percussions. sE Electronics equipped it with a gold-sputtered capsule and the mic features a cardioid polar pattern, a -10dB switch and a low-cut switch. It ships with a custom power supply, a 7-pin PSU cable and a mic clip.
Here is a presentation of the sE X1 Series at the sE Electronics booth at AES 2014:
Viewers of this article also read...
- [AES] Kush Audio launches a VCA compressor Kush Audio introduces at AES 2014 The Tweaker, a VCA compressor described as with an old soul and post-modern brain.
- [AES] New dbx 676 channel strip The new 676 channel strip that dbx introduces at AES 2014 this week-end includes a tube mic preamplifier.
- [AES] New AT5045 hand built instrument microphone Audio-Technica unveils at AES 2014 in Los Angeles a brand new hand built large diaphragm condenser microphone for instrument.