TRoots Effects' FT1 Dub Filter to ship in January
TRoots Effects has announced that the new version of its FT1 Dub Filter will start shipping in early January 2016 and offers a special preorder price.
A resonant analog filter inspired by the famous Steiner Synthacon synth, the new, reworked FT1 is said to feature several functions with HP/BP/LP+AP Phaser filters. It also contains a Cut off potentiometer and a 8 positions switch called the "Step Cut". As with most TRoots products, this one seems to address dub and reggae producers first but its creative potentiel may appeal to musicians and producers working in other genres too.
- Input gain (with signal LED)
- Volume control
- Filter selector : LP/BP/HP/Phaser
- Cut off
- Step cut : 8 positions + bypass
- LFO depth
- LFO speed (with LED)
- Single-space rack unit with power switch
Announced for January 4th 2016, the FT1 in its version 2 can already be preordered for the special pre-introductory price of €390, 10% off its subsequent catalog price. More info available here.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.