Ibanez BTB1205E
Ibanez BTB1205E
Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Publié le 12/14/08 à 07:48
(Originally written by chevaliernoir/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
I tested this bass guitar twice as I was looking for a 5-string model.

Neck-through body.

2 pickups (Bartolini, I think),

active electronics,

superb bridge.

The bass has a very good manufacturing quality. It seems to me it's bigger than most others. It's a massive and quite heavy instrument that inspires confidence.

in my opinion it's weakest point is that the neck is much too wide especially near the body.

The spec sheet indicates almost 3" at the last fret which is about 0.4" wider than other 5-string basses.

I believe that's typical for Ibanez because it's the same with some of their other models.

I tested it with an average amp.

I found the sound nice but I wouldn't swear on that.

IMHO this bass is unplayable.

It's an instrument for bassists with pianist fingers.