< Tous les avis Yamaha BB405

5+ string bass guitar from Yamaha belonging to the BB series

philippe_gauthier philippe_gauthier

«  A good plan »

Published on 11/30/13 at 09:58
Different characteristics of the basic model as modified:
Basic model:
Neck 24 frets, maple, screwed 4 points.
Rosewood fingerboard.
Changed Pickups: Bartolini BA 59J1
Electronics such passive jazz bass, changed: Jazz Bass Pro Passive.
Varnish removed (see photos)
Alder body.
Easel and mechanical Yamaha.
For more precision, you will notice that the bridge is exactly the same as the much more expensive models and the body (Marigold series and lowering production costs) is exactly the same as the TRB series, apart from a few chamfers practiced. Which suggests a violin base equivalent (excluding paint) to higher end models. Not least! In addition, this model remained on display for over a year, sunny, without twisting or digging handle!! Security as to the quality of wood used

Having had a Cort Artisan A6 (Model 2000s, a must for me and for the price, in terms of sound, versatility, etc., except weight). Having serious back problem, I have to separate myself lighter. After an Ibanez BTB 675 - Natural Flat, not having given satisfaction (see review Ibanez BTB675 - Natural Flat (Before 2013)), by chance, I had the opportunity to test this bass. Excellent first impression of quality handle, fittings, etc., a big jazz bass sound, save a lot of background noise and a severe lack of clarity in the treble!
Given the bargain price (275 euro) and the potential sensed with this base more than correct violin, I decided to buy it (275euro) and some improvements (Electronic Jazz Bass pickups Bartolini pro + JB, 130 euro on Ebay), a little elbow grease to turn the horrible gloss, for an instrument, the issue extremely close to a much higher price point to take into account an objective test for jazz bass, I play Little Bass Mark III + 102P speaker (a must), in very different styles: jazz, jazz rock, funk, blues, pop, world music.

Looking for versatility in different styles: jazz, jazz rock, funk, blues, pop, world music, for the price, I am more than satisfied. there is necessarily better (much more expensive), but left to change for the better, I really prefer to save an instrument luthier. I have the honor and privilege to have, for 19 years, a 5 string fretless fairplay noguera a very large French luthier, the difference is huge facing series instrument. Sustainability is undeniable. A reflection

A jazz bass 5 string 400 euro, you can again, but honestly try!