Yamaha Guitars is now shipping two new electric bass guitars that feature the company's proprietary A.I.R. (Alternative Internal Resonance) technology, which provides the sonic properties of a heavier, traditional-style instrument without the weight.
Previously featured on the RGX A2 electric guitar and RBX4 A2 four-string bass, Alternative Internal Resonance (A.I.R.) is an exclusive Yamaha construction technique that consists of a lightweight resonant wood core sandwiched between two harder tone woods. Sound tubes that pass from the bridge through the body structure transmit string vibrations and create a more resonant sustain.
The RGX5 A2 retails for $939.99 and the RBX4 A2M retails for $859.99.
Features for the RBX5 A2 :
- 5 String A2 Model
- Body featuring Yamaha’s exclusive A.I.R. (Alternative Internal Resonance) construction
- Bolt-on Maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard
- 24 Frets
- Scale Length: 34" (864mm)
- Radius: 10 5/8" (250mm)
- Die-cast bridge
- 2 x Y.A.S.H. Custom Shop Designed Single Coil Pickups
- Controls Front Volume, Rear Volume, Master Tone
- L.E.D. Lit Pickup Indicator and Selector
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] LTD introduces two multi-scale basses LTD has introduced the B-1004SE Multi-scale bass as well as its 5-string version, the B-1005SE.
- [MUSIKMESSE][VIDEO] Live from the Hotone booth At the Musikmesse, Hotone present a large collection of guitar pedals and mini amp heads.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Blackstar present the Fly 3 Bass Blackstar Amplification has unveiled the Fly 3 Bass, a bass version of its 3-watt mini-amp range.