< Tous les avis Yamaha TRB1006J

Maple neck, bolt-on 6 points
Alder body
black chrome hardware
Yamaha alnico pickups passive
Preamp yamaha bass, midrange, treble, balance, volume.
24 frets
Scale 35 ", watch all the strings are not long enough if they end up decreasing thickness. The thickness decreases before reaching the saddle. Ernies The ball can not be mounted above example.
The flamed maple top dyed black is beautiful, the head is, it really gives a very beautiful appearance.

The handle is nice to start the width surprises but we made it.
Access to treble is good.
It is easy to get a good sound and fairly well defined.
The bass is still pretty impressive, it could scare guitarists who start low and who are afraid of big, heavy beats.
The string spacing fairly substantial for a 6 string allows me to go very quickly, that is my little technique takes a little space.

So I actually bought this bass to a secondhand Afien to make DEFRETTER. I have very little hooped tested, so the opinion of the sound is only valid for a fretless versions.
I asked my luthier that the défrette and he stomped a thin layer of ebony key to prevent wear and also for softness and aesthetics. I mounted flat net Thomastic above.
The sound is not necessarily crystal-clear! it depends fat (given in F # / B / E / A / D / G sound is more granular than B / E / A / D / G / C), in fact it is rather neutral but not cold day 'get a draw sounds a little typed Jazzbass but with a bit less mids and a low hair. Flat fillets really help to make the pure sound fretless. I also find that the détunée fretless sound comes more easily. I like very soft strings.

It is divinely enjoyable to play, flat nets key completely smooth ebony, everything is smooth. This low inspires me, it is a new type of game, I can play a lot faster and a lot more notes.
I wanted to pass on to the fretless sound that I found very interesting and also to give me a bit of a "kicking ass" on my fretted I felt a little limited, locked in my sound and my type of game I wanted to move to other sounds, I tackle a slightly harder stuff but me "inflates" not all sweetness and pleasure. It is managed at the beginning it's a little funny, but quickly got used to it. In addition to the fact of having traces of frets on the edge of the sleeve and not the least can "saturate view" when looking at the round button on the ear to work more and more to the instinct. In the end you feel much freer and very naturally the things we could not even imagine before, it's a bit like removing training wheels on a bike when you're a kid.

I really like this bass, it's nice to play, and I also like the fact that it is heavy and imposing, you can feel good.

The downside is that it does not fit in all flight cases due to its length and width.

With the experience I think I orienterai on Warwick Thumb 6 string fretless or while on a low made by my luthier (it shall cost less because I think Warwick has nearly doubled its price). This bass is very good, but refining I realize that the more granular would be even better.