< Tous les avis Yamaha TRB5PII

5+ string bass guitar from Yamaha belonging to the TRB series

Bibi33 Bibi33

«  Low GOLD .... »

Published on 06/27/13 at 15:31
Super specifications made in Japan from August 2001: the high-end Japanese, hand-sewn to our hands:
Body Ash veneered flamed maple wood selected
5-piece maple neck-through (3) / mahogany (2) 35 "24-fret ebony fingerboard
2 humbuckers with AlNiCo volume & balance / bass mid treeble / piezo volume
Bridges with integrated monorail piezzos
Natural lacquer finish with thick patent quality

Gold fittings where the 8/10 for aged badly. Which I add buttons plastic knobs (knobs shame because notched in the middle except volumes)

The handle is wide enough to have a gap of 17 strings - about 18mm. on the other hand it is close enough to the 17th box or it thickens to sit rigidity. The radius is rather flat (in the 350 - 400mm)
In fact it is a pleasure to handle it by slamming ebony and vibrates under your fingers. It is well proportioned, neither too big nor too small or too wide or too thin a short highway

A pretty good ergonomics and a VERY good balance. About 4.7 Kgs which is normal for a 5 string

I put 8/10 because access to the treble strings of B / E and A is difficult after the 17 th box and the thickening of the handle. I personally am not comfortable with the game sitting

It's a great bass sound level and 9/10 without hesitation
I play on a 150w RUMBLE and it is an absolute must!

A very broad and equal sound (even for serious B) allows you to play ALL styles, a sonic palette as I have not seen often. The power amp is amazing and precisely that demand bassist? A true active bass that can go from growling to clear & pure note

Piezzos bring the possibility of coloring his very interesting but unfortunately the volume knob is a bit abrupt (change can be).

Only downside is no active disengagement / passive: it's silly it was that the 10/10

I use it for a year and I have to sell because they are too low and need money => if I keep it for life, as the wine will age well!

As I already know I'm the late, I play it constantly for a few weeks and I realize what I'm going to lose .... to which the notice

This is a low-GOLD, the kind that can keep all life as one and only bass. It can all do but excels in reggae, funk and fusion. Knowing be sober it enters jazz trio, quartet or big band

Not only I would do this choice, but I think me buy a one day or another, and what a pleasure that this instrument have crossed my path