Planet Waves Humidipak
yoyoland yoyoland
Publié le 05/31/09 à 00:04
Possessor of a departing Taylor 410 CE (then resold the benefit of a Martin DC-AURA) I was looking for info on care and maintenance of guitars. I came across the site Taylor, a video from Bob Taylor himself "showing all the good he thought HumidiPack. I told myself, if it's good for Bob, it's good for my Taylor. LOL. Seriously, using a product "recommended" by Taylor, I thought I would cover any future worries, saying they could not reproaches me to use an unapproved product.

Good already, we should easily be able to open the envelopes to remove the covers. I almost spoiled the pouches containing the liquid. In addition, the liquid containing pouches are normally resistant "it is difficult to tear" (sic), well I managed to tear a hand without forcing.

I ordered this product in March April, when I received it, there were two out of three bags was following the porous product. Scary. A tour on the website Planet Waves and one realizes that some serial numbers are being recalled. So I waited until late August to receive the new product. (Then it is rare to have a moisture content too high).

I installed the clutch in my guitar cases since 15/12/2008, the humidity has never budged. I did the test by placing the pouches in a metal suitcase that I use for my cable and transport company, it did not affect either. I finally tried to put two bags in a bag of guitar, my guitar was not in it I just wanted to see what it would do in a vacuum bag, and well anything.

On each bag is written that after 2 to 4 months pouches deviennnet farms and you have to replace them, for my part, we are May 31, 2009, I see no changes, it is always so soft that at first day (as much as a pat of butter in the sun ...)

In addition I've read on a forum the opinion of someone who had used it, and it was said that the pockets had sunk in his instrument. I honestly do not purchase this product, it will not strictly nothing, almost 30 or 35 € Product in 5 replacements it has spent the equivalent of what could be put in a humidifier or dehumidifier for the room stored his guitars (it's now what I'll do it). I have a Martin Electro nearly $ 4000 I will probably not get in my car a product that might leak.

In all seriousness, go your way. For me the interest of the product lies in small pouches of tissue with which the product is delivered. They are used to slide the pockets of product. I am using now these tissue pouches to store a capo, a box of earplugs. you can also put his tuner for not damaging to the lug in a fly box for example.

ABSOLUTELY NOT do it again I do not choose to buy this product again, completely useless.