Voodoo Lab GCX Audio Switcher
Voodoo Lab GCX Audio Switcher
Leulapin Leulapin

«  Rather transparent »

Published on 08/29/14 at 01:36
Used between 2005 and 2008 primarily to reduce the amount deployments cables on stage (only need to connect the guitar jack and take MIDI cable). I have the older model, before this is done (probably acquired) by voodoo labs.

I had nobels before, and I tested the line 6 less well, the sound is much altered with the bypass of the GCX.

What is significant is the transparency of sound looper and the fact that the switch does not create a "click" or other noise artifact. At home or in the studio means a slight alteration of the sound from a direct wiring to other instruments that play is therefore undetectable enough.
Installed with patch cables the right size, good quality and colors with logic something readable understand and own is obtained in a rack. Easy to take several months later when changing hardware.

Being able to switch channels on the amp along with the effects that changes its clean (all cuts at the same time).
Be careful though with echo / reverberations and delays, the looper does not support the release of the signal as it cut the loop so it may not sound very natural. This is the main limitation of this type of gear I think. It forced him to have full effect of delay, reverb etc. effects in the same module (a TC electronics for me) which is the only way to have smooth transitions between sounds.

At the time not much better on the market for the price, the hardware is reliable and meets my equipment around so yes I do it again this choice.

I used it with a pedal behringer twelve o'clock (I did not use all the loops so the little ctrl managed exchange enough) and patch cables GEORGEL (modular regrooved, highly transparent sound level, ideal for a looper) .

The main hardship About the setting of the South, it's not very ergonomic and the absence (at the time anyway) software to do this made the tedious process.