Hagstrom Deluxe-F
Hagstrom Deluxe-F
MGR/Bluesman75 MGR/Bluesman75

« Hagstrom D2F »

Published on 03/16/08 at 16:00
I'm a 16yr player who's been around in a couple of bands here and there. I mostly play blues and jazz but once in a while I like to shred a couple of metal licks...

I bought this baby at Musique Max in Rosemere,Qc 'cause the store owner,Mark and also a good friend of mine talked me into trying this axe. And as you've noticed, I bought it! Very cool place, a good service and he doesn't sell you what you don't need.

First thing that pops out is the beautiful flame top: just georgous! The action is just perfect and the playability is awesome! Just about everthing is to love about it. The resinator fretboard has a great feeling and the string bending is very easy and smooth.

Two minor and I mean very minor: I changed the knobs for ''tele'' type knurled chrome ones because the originals looked like the ones that my father had on his old '71 grundig radio. The second one involves sound: not that the pickups are bad oh no! quite the contrary, it's just that they could've added a coil tap switch (four wire pickups always should have coil taps the add a bit of flavor).Aside those two minor imperfections, in my opinion, is ok.

Very very sturdy, solid and well made! The H expander truss rod is the most innovative thing a guitar neck should have. Seems to withstand just about anything: humidity, temperature variations and soforth. Aestheticaly, everything is in it's rightful place except maybe the wierd ''tune-o-matic'' bridge wich seems to make the guitar ''smile'' lol.

Bottom line is, if you ever come across one and your in to getting a set neck guitar but don't have the dough to buy a LP, just buy this one and you won't be disapointed, if so, just kick in a pair of Duncans and you'll still have some cash left ( it even comes with the HSC!) Very good bang for the buck!!!!