Detunized presents Urban Crows sound library
Feel like getting away with murder? Detunized has released Urban Crows, a library made of sounds of single crows and swarms.
According to Detunized, crows deserve more attention than they usually get: after all, they're known to be amazingly intelligent, social and by no means aggressive or monotonous when it comes to their communication capabilities. so why not celebrate them with a sound library? Makes sense, after all.
The library evolved throughout winter 2015/16 and was taken from the attic of a house surrounded by trees were the crows frequently stayed overnight. It is said to feature a large arsenal of clearly distinguishable single caws, funny sighs or nervous screams that often evolve to a huge cluster of noises that become even stronger when the church bells begin to ring - and when the sun comes up too, but for some reason this phenomenon appears to be less discernable on samples. Anyway, all of these sounds are represented in this library, which was recorded in Mid-Side stereo with a Sennheiser MKH-70 shotgun for a strong mid-signal and AKG-C394B for the ambience. Each file was subsequently meta-tagged to make finding the appropriate sound easier.
Urban Crows is available in three different formats:
- Live Pack (requires Ableton Live 8/9): 16 Instrument Racks for a total 200 MB
- BWAV: 15 Broadcast WAV files with embedded description in 24/48 resolution; 200 MB content
- BWAV HD: 31 Broadcast WAV files with embedded description in 24/96 resolution, 2.9 GB content
The Live Pack and BWAV versions are available for €15 (including VAT) from detunized.com.
A sound demo is available at Detunized's SoundCloud.
Thanks to AudioFanzine user Slowlight for mentioning this.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Samplephonic introduces Immortal DnB Samplephonics present Immortal DnB, a new Drum'n Bass oriented sample pack.
- PreSonus to launch Studio One 3.2 On February 25th, Presonus will release version 3.2 of Studio One.
- New USD pricing at Rob Papen With currencies evolving, Rob Papen has announced its USD prices have been lowered.