Behringer UltraVoice VX2000
Behringer UltraVoice VX2000

UltraVoice VX2000, Other Studio Effect from Behringer.

bidule1000 08/12/2003

Behringer UltraVoice VX2000 : bidule1000's user review

Analog preamp

It is in the use and settings that things get complicated. The connection is simple: XLR or jack. Outwardly this preamp has a very pro with air (too) many of knobs and LED. For your long winter evenings, you are entitled in addition to the power cable with a thick manual 3 pages (in french), taking in a "botched" the various parts of the device.

1st part: "vintage discrete input"

48-volt power supply: no problems
-Phase inverter: ok
-Gain input (-12 to +12 dB): do not climb above 0 dB under penalty of having a very ugly breath
- Lo-cut: honestly I wondered if it was not broken because it does not cut much and even adds a lot of breath.

Part 2: "expander" good expander are very expensive and if it really is not any good

3 ° part: "tube emulation": if you've never heard a sound warm with a real tube amp, you will find the result amusing, but it warms nothing!

Part 4: "opto compressor"

For what the deal is pro compressor efficient enough for the price, the compression module has very little use.

5 ° part: "voice optimized EQ"

still need a specialized device that gives her a nice taste of cardboard!

Part 6: "esser opto" without comment

As for the sound itself, I wish I had one of the engineers from behringer to know what he wanted to do with this unit! The only functions that I use on this unit are: 48 V phantom power and phase reverse. Everything else is turned off.

I use it for almost a year (and I am the proud owner of three of these charming devices) and I admit I wanted to throw in the beginning. By using it to feed my condenser mics, it works perfectly well but do not ask him more. A remake for the price I would go faster for "presonus tube pre" cheaper and far more efficient.