Shoulda Woulda Coulda Polychord 2 App
Shoulda Woulda Coulda has released Polychord 2, a music app for the iPad.
Polychord is drums, bass, chords, and accompaniment into one.
Here is what the company had to say: "Press one of the chord circles and your on you’re way to writing a song. Drums and bass follow the chords automatically, but the coolest part is probably the strum keys on the right: simply swipe your finger over the yellow keys (or chrome keys in version 2) to strum a chord."
Changes in Polychord 2
- Record and share songs with SoundCloud.
- New UI made in collaboration with Jonas Eriksson.
- Palettes, so you can save your settings.
- Palette f-keys, for switching between palettes.
- Sine, Sawtooth, Triangle and Square Waves for each instrument. (an ‘analogue simulation’ technique was used for generating the synthesizer waves, which warms them up a bit.)
- Bitshift features for drums: full control over the reduction of bits / bitrate, allowing you to decimate the sound or add a touch of noise.
- Basic low-pass filtering, resonance for each instrument.
- Tremolo Depth controls.
- Scale mode for the strum keys: rather than the strum keys playing the notes of the current chord, you can set them to other scales.
- Arpeggiator based on time-signatures. Control over the speed and count of the arpeggiator — allows you to mix a different time signature over the beat. Arpeggiator now has the same synth controls as the other instruments.
- The UI now highlights the last chord you pressed, rather than always highlighting the root-note.
- Octave control for every instrument.
- Precise BPM control, with text input.
- A global on/off switch for Auto Accompany.
- File manager for renaming/deleting/loading palettes, songs, etc.
- Pitch bending on strum keys (sends out MIDI too).
- Skins panel lets you switch back to the classic color scheme.
Pricing & Availability:
Polychord 2 is available to purchase for $9.99 USD.
For more information: Polychord
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empty Room Systems Dim D Chorus Empty Room Systems has announced the release of the Dim D Chorus, initially for Windows as a VST effect plug-in.
- Kong Audio ChineeSanXian & ChineeGuZheng II Kong Audio has announced the release of two new products in its Chinee Series of VST instruments: ChineeSanXian and ChineeGuZheng II.
- PropellerHead Reason Limited Propellerhead will launch a Limited version of its Reason and Record sequencers, and is currently looking for beta-testers.