Sugar Bytes Consequence - The Chord Synq
Sugar Bytes has announced Consequence - The Chord Synquencer, a "chord groovebox".
Chords are alternated, split up to custom arpeggios and turned into leg-driving basslines, amazing melodies or dreamy sound textures. The internal audio recorder keeps your ideas when they come or records loops or even full tracks. The all-round sound library contains many kinds of instruments, from thick basslines to gentle "violines".
ConsequenceConsequence is a composition tool which can create chord-lines or whole songs on the fly, but also chords which are played via MIDI can be super-sized using the innovative sound and sequencing engine.
- * 3 sample-based oscillators with independent envelopes and gate selection for overlaying chords with arpeggios.
* 32-step sequencers for chord selection, gate, performance (arp, tie, multi-trigger, octave, glide) and modulation.
* New sound design features like polyphonic frequency-dependent sample rate reduction and oscillator aging.
* Included kick 4/4 kick drum for easy groove orientation.
* Multi-effect with 5 effects (reverse, chorus, phaser, delay, reverb).
* Master compressor (can be driven by 4/4 kick via sidechain).
* Monophonic and polyphonic 5-mode filter (lp, bp, hp, br, comp) with independent gate selection.
* Pattern change via MIDI note.
* MIDI input for sequencing chords in realtime.
* Easy chord creation via chordmaker, chord-recording and manual chord drawing.
* Audio recorder for session recording or for creating loops.
* 100 first class sounds available.
* Split preset system can combine sound-, sequence- and chord-presets.
Pricing & Availability
Consequence will be released in November 2008. It will be available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST and AU plug-in formats with a price of €149 / $199.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Wok StringChorus WOK has released StringChorus.
- G-sonique Dubmaster - Liquid Delay G-Sonique has released Dubmaster - Liquid Delay, a BPM synchronized delay with special feature called "DubRhythm" which is designed to allow you to "set the smooth non-rhythmic distortion that makes the specific smoked sound known from Jamaican Reggae and Dub tracks".
- Auralex Room Analysis programs Blue prints and photos can give an acoustician the information needed to create acoustical models of a given room, but there is no better way to gauge the acoustical problems a room faces than by obtaining acoustical measurements. As the industry leader in innovative sound control solutions, Auralex Acoustics can now lend its acoustical expertise to any project through its first-to-market, new Room Analysis Plus and Room Analysis Pro programs.