Line 6 Flextone III XL
Line 6 Flextone III XL

Flextone III XL, Modelling Combo Guitar Amp from Line 6 in the Flextone series.

MGR/Mike 07/26/2004

Line 6 Flextone III XL : MGR/Mike's user review

« Line 6 Flextone III XL »

I bought this at American Music Supply in downtown Syracuse for $500 brand new (usually goes for 700). I purchased this amp because it had all the features I wanted, amp simulation, enough wattage for shows, effects, and more.

This amp supplies me with more than enough power, has a direct XLR output for recording, nice effects, and does a great job with amp simulation (even though I only use about two presets!)It gives off great sound for a great price, is good for shows and recording.

There isn't much that I don't like about the amp, the biggest concern I have is with the noise gate, it works great with taking away the noise, but leaves about a second of hiss after you mute a note. This is pretty bad for recording and live shows, but isn't too big of a problem.

This amp was put together very well, I haven't had a problem with it yet!

The Line 6 Flextone III XL is a great amp, it has only very few minor flaws, but the positives more than make up for them. Great sound, perfect for both recording and gigging, I would recommend this to anyone searching for a great amp at a great price!