Sensomusic has announced that after months of development Usine V5 is now available (the latest version is actually v5.01).
New Feature highlights include:
- Gesture and Multi-touch Implementation: All design modules can receive Multi-Touch and Gesture information that you can use directly in all the patches to create very ergonomic systems.
- Video Tracker Module: Enables audio interaction with a camera. Motion detection, dark zones and light zones.
- Intelligent Auto Wiring: Fast auto wiring system to build patches faster than ever. For that just Drag&Drop a Module or a VST plug-in directly on the wire to insert it in the process chain.
- New Grid concept: The new Grid mode mixes row/cell presentation and interface builder mode.
- Surround: Built-in 16 channel surround mixer and aux buses. If it's not enough, all audio modules can handle up to 64 channels. Direct surround recording in the Sampler.
- VST layouts: Total integration of VST plug-ins in personal interfaces. VST plug-in forms can now be located in controls panels or in interfaces.
- Patch window: The Patching area is now a stand alone window to improve patching in dual screens systems.
- New layouts: Serious improvements of interface building. All controls are now resizable and with new layout possibilities.
Pricing & Availability
Usine Pro V5 is available for the introductory promotional price of €90 until the end of March 2010. The regular price is €120. Upgrades from earlier versions are €40. Educational pricing is also available.
A free version of Usine v5.01 is also available. Usine free is fully functional but limited:
- 1 stereo input/output (16 in the pro version).
- 2 MIDI inputs/outputs (unlimited in the pro version).
- 4 tracks (32 in the pro version).
- No audio monitoring.
- No master section insert.
- No sequencer.
- No conductor.
- No surround.
- Editing sub-patches is impossible.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Over 150 free software tools to make music Making music with your computer when you don't have a penny is possible. And to prove our point here you have 150+ free software tools many of which don't have anything to envy their paid counterparts.