[Musikmesse] TC Electronic BMC-2
TC Electronic will be launching BMC-2 at the 2009 Frankfurt Musikmesse, a dedicated Digital-to-Analog Converter and high quality Monitor Control that's suited for use with digital and analog speakers.
- Inputs: Connect the inputs you wish to use. The S/PDIF input also handles AES3 and AES3-id format. Simply press one of the three INPUT SELECT keys to select the input you wish to listen to.
- Outputs: Analog speakers connect to the XLRs, digital speakers to the S/PDIF output. The S/PDIF output is really an AES 3-id output, so can drive AES inputs, even over long cable runs.
- Level Control: The big level knob controls the level to the speakers unless REF is active. The knob produces transparent gain settings with 0.0dB at the 3 o'clock position.
- Reference levels: Press the REF key to activate calibrated listening on both sets of speakers as well as on headphones.
- iCheck: Data reduced audio is not the same as 'CD quality'. BMC-2 provides a shortcut for revealing artifacts of data reduction. At bit-rates lower than 256kbps for stereo, the spatial imaging is often compromised, which may be easily exposed by listening to the components of the image in isolation.
For more info, check out www.tcelectronic.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] New Antelope Products Antelope Audio will announce a new range AD/DA converters and clock at the 2009 Musikmesse in Frankfurt, Germany: The Zodiac DA series - including the Zodiac and Zodiac+, and the Rubicon Atomic clock.
- Aviom Applications & Technical Training Program Aviom A-Net, has expanded its Applications & Technical Training Program to include interactive webcast sessions each month.
- Blue Sky SAT 8 & SUB 212 Blue Sky has introduced two new listening components to its line of monitoring solutions: the SUB 212 400-Watt Push-Pull Active Subwoofer and the SAT 8 300-Watt, Compact Mid-Field Monitor.