Asparion releases D400 series controllers
Asparion has released the D400T DAW Controller and its D400F extension.
According to Asparion, the D400 offers a compact, robust, all-purpose user interface allowing up to 64 motorized faders and many LED push buttons. By use of the double click function, the user you can allocate a second action to every button, which gives access to even more functions on smallest space. This is supported by a "push and rotate" function, which allows to turn a rotary encoder in its pushed state to control a second function.
The D400T forms the basis. Besides all basic functions like "play", "stop" and "record", it allows to control settings like volume and panorama with the rotary encoders surrounded by an LED ring. By use of buttons 1 to 8, it's possible to assign several functions to the rotary encoders, while the four additional rotary encoders make it easy to control (dor instance) an EQ.
The Jog-Shuttle combination allows to navigate in a matter of seconds. The available sockets to connect a sustain or expression pedal give you the chance to even use your feet.
Up to 8 extensions can be added to to the D400T, for a total 64 faders at the same time.
The D400F is the extension module. It features a combination of 8 motorized ALPS faders with 3 LED push buttons each, giving full control over audio tracks. The touch-sensitive surface of all faders is said to make automation "become child's play", with an accuracy of up to 4000 levels per fader for enhanced accuracy. Also, as each extension can be connected to another extension, there are sufficient USB ports at any time.
The extensive "Asparion Configurator" software allows to configure and customize the controllers to the user's personal needs without any limitations.
General technical specifications include:
- up to 64 faders / 8 extensions
- anodized aluminum chassis, laser printed
- standardized midi protocol
- 2-year warranty
D400 T specs:
- 8 endless rotary encoders with snap
- 4 LED rings with 15 LEDs each
- 21 programmable LED push buttons
- jog wheel with shuttle
- 2x 6,35mm sockets for expression and sustain pedal
- USB B 2.0 connector
- connector for extension
- 238 x 137 x 33mm (chassis)
D400 F specs:
- extension for the D400T, no stand-alone use
- 8 touch-sensitive 100mm ALPS motor faders with a resolution of up to 12bit (4000 steps)
- 24 programmable LED push buttons
- 9V power supply
- connector for another extension
- 238 x 238 x 33mm (chassis)
MSRP: Bundle (including 1x D400T + 1x D400 F): $959 ; D400F: $579 ; D400T: $429.
More details available from Asparion's website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Best Service releases Alpine Volksmusik Best Service introduces Alpine Volksmusik, a sample library dedicated to traditional Austrian, Bavarian and Upper Carniolan folk & brass music.
- In Session Audio releases Fluid Harmonics In Session Audio's Fluid Harmonics for Kontakt is now available with a time-limited bonus offer.
- A review of Joey Sturgis Tones Finality Advanced limiter plug-in A track with too wide a dynamic range can cause problems when mixing. Rather than using automation to smooth out the levels, which is very time consuming, a compressor or limiter can do it for you automatically. The Finality Advanced limiter plug-in from Joey Sturgis Tones gives you a versatile tool set for taming dynamics, and it adds some pleasing sonic coloration, as well.