Smart AV Tango 2
SmartAV announced the release of Tango 2, the next hardware generation of their audio workstation controller.
This upgrade is designed to improve upon the efficiencies of the Tango workflow, enhancing the user's experience to allow for even greater control and customization capabilities. While the latest changes to the Tango are functional as well as cosmetic, the physical size and footprint of the system will remain the same, retaining the Tango's stylish design and unique usability.
The changes include some functional ones as well as cosmetic.
Smart AV say they have combined ARC Technology with a 22-inch wide (16:9) touch screen.
The physical size and footprint remains the same but the additional features on the Tango 2 are as follows:
- Long throw silent pushbuttons.
- OLED displays on all programmable buttons.
- Ability to switch the input of the LCD screen to the DAW display.
- 6 programmable GPI input / outputs.
- Sliding keyboard tray which retracts into the body.
- Customisable graphics, using programmable colour grading control.
The software that runs on Tango 2 will be compatible to the current Tango so that any future software revisions that are not hardware dependant will be available for the Tango 1. Current Tango 1 users will still be supported.
More information and details at the SmartAV website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Prime Loops Epic Build-Ups & Breakdowns 2 “Epic Build-Ups & Breakdowns 2” gives you 1.5GB+ of intros and breakdowns described as "not only epic but also intricate, multi-layered and mysterious."
- Image Line Groove Machine Released Groove Machine is a virtual 'Groove Box' within your sequencer, suited for live performance or as a hybrid synthesizer, drum sampler or to create loops.
- Tone2 Wavetable Expansion The Wavetable expansion features a selection of 200 presets for ElectraX programmed by a team of sound designers using new wavetables.