Snare Drums Selects, Volume 1
Designed for professional record producers and sound engineers as well as drummers and home-recording enthusiasts, Modern Drummer Snare Drum Selects, Volume 1 is a BFD2-compatible collection of studio-quality sound samples taken from a dozen snare drums.
Snare Drum Selects, Volume 1 was produced, recorded, and edited by John Emrich, MD contributor and creator of FXpansion's BFD2 sample libraries, with the assistance of co-producer and Modern Drummer magazine associate editor Michael Dawson. According to Emrich, each drum was meticulously tuned and recorded in a multi-microphone format to showcase its unique sonic properties and offer the end user maximum flexibility. In addition to primary "snares-on" samples of each drum, SDSV1 also features alternate samples of selected drums being played with different combinations of sticks, brushes, mallets, and even hands.
The individual drums featured in Modern Drummer Snare Drum Selects, Volume 1 include:
- AHEAD - 6x13, Nickel Over Brass
- CADESON - 6 x14 Bubinga With Abalone Inlay
- FIDOCK - 6x14, Stave Bubinga With Wood Hoops
- GMS - 5½ x14, Aluminum (FREDDIE HOLLIDAY)
- GRETSCH - 4x14, Jasper Maple
- LONGO - 5½ x14, Solid Walnut With Maple Reinforcing Hoops
- MAPEX - 6x13, Deep Forest Walnut (BLACK PANTHER)
- PORK PIE - 6x13, Brass Patina
- SPAUN - 6½x14, Vented Steel
- TAMA - 6x14, Brass (WARLORD ATHENIAN)
- TAYE - 7x14, Maple With Wood Hoops
- WORLDMAX - 5x14, Chrome-Plated Brass (BLACK DAWG)
The Snare Drum Selects collection is offered in the BFD2 format and requires BFD2 for playback. The SDS sound library is recommended for use in home and professional studio recording situations but can also be applied to live performances with electronic drums or acoustic drum triggers.
Pricing & Availability
Modern Drummer Snare Drum Selects, Volume 1 has a suggested retail price of $89.95 and is available at leading drumshops, full-line music dealers and pro-audio specialty stores.
For more information, check out www.moderndrummer.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- RNDigital Presents FIREQ & FIREQ LE FIREQ is a 1/6th octave stereo Finite Impulse Response (FIR) mastering equalizer with linear phase characteristics.
- [NAMM] "What's New In Pro Tools 8?" Groovebox announced the availability of What's New in Pro Tools 8 video training tutorials.
- [NAMM] Karma Lab M50 Software KarmaDeveloper Stephen Kay has now made it possible for M50 owners to have the same Karma functionality as the Korg M3 and OASYS, with the release of Karma M50 Software for the Korg M50.