Zero-G visits abandoned places
Zero-G introduces Haunted Ground, a multiformat sample library featuring atmospheres and effects inspired from abandoned places.
To design Haunted Ground, Zero-G called Adam Pietruszko, a sound designer specialized in documenting abandoned buildings that are closed to the public. Part of the sounds was captured on the field with a Sony PCM-M10 portable recorder, the rest was designed in studio in Logic Pro with a Focusrite Pro 24 DSP, for a total of 652 24-bit /48 kHz Acid WAV and AIFF files and 751 instruments for Kontakt, EXS24, HALion and NN-XT. The library is intended for sound designers, soundtrack composers and electronic musicians.
The Haunted Ground collection is divided in four categories:
- Entities & Spirits: chants, drones, atmospheres, sweeps and other effects that will remind of the ghost that haunt these abandoned places. Most of the sounds were created with a semi-modular synthesizer featuring a Moog Little Phatty Tribute Edition with a CV out mod, a collection of Moog Moogerfooger effect collection and a WMD Geiger Counter Digital distortion.
- Forsaken Technologies: machines, tools and other objets for an industrial ambience, with drones, electric and electronic noises, explosions, impacts and more, created by using analog and digital synthesis.
- Exploration Echoes: sounds captured on the field and then processed to create modulation, pitch shift and reverb effects with a metallic touch
- Forgotten Atmospheres: “nostalgic” inspired effects including sweeps, textures, hits and more, created from the above mentioned gear and techniques
Haunted Ground is available for the introductory price of $34.99 instead of $69.99 until June 3rd at www.zero-g.co.uk.
Viewers of this article also read...
- 50% off all Lexicon plug-ins in June Lexicon has launched its Summer sale, which gives you the opportunity to purchase all effect plug-in at half price.
- Sample Logic unveils Cinematic Guitars Infinity We left the Sample Logic Cinematic Guitars at its second volume, the brand announces today the upcoming third volume and Infinity Edition.
- The iMPC Pro updated to v1.3 The Retronyms and Akai announce the release today of version 1.3 for their virtual MPC Pro app for the iPad.