Liine Cliip module for Griid
Liine announced a new Cliip module for Griid – the iPad controller for Ableton Live adds hands-on editing and control of MIDI clips.
Cliip, the new module for Griid, is described as "the first ever DAW controller to offer fully hands-on, smoothly scrolling, zooming, multitouch editing of MIDI clips."
What is Cliip*?
Griid with the new Cliip module allows you to create and edit Ableton Live MIDI clips with your fingertips using a touch-enabled piano roll.
The piano roll is now an instrument too. Create a blank MIDI clip from the iPad and then make music by painting notes onto the zoomable grid. You can use multitouch gestures to edit note length and velocity. Snap/Fine and Percussive/Melodic modes and the Copy, Paste and Duplicate functions are included.
What is Griid?
The newest Griid update includes improvements such as independent track and scene zooming as well as the 'red square'.
• Both Griid and Griid Pro are now dual-platform. There is no longer an iPad version and an iPhone version.
• Griid Pro is the suite version.
Cliip and other modules will become available via In App Purchase a little after the Griid Pro release.
(*Cliip module initially available only for iPad, with iPhone and iPod Touch compatibility in the next update.)
Pricing & Availability
Griid Pro is only 16.99 USD / 13.99 EUR until February 28. (Regular price: 24.99 USD / 19.99 EUR.)
To upgrade, existing users must download and run Griid Installer 1.10.
For more information and updates visit griid.net.
Viewers of this article also read...
- mzuther K-Meter mzuther has released K-Meter, a free, Open Source, implementation of a K-System meter according to Bob Katz's specifications.
- Renoise Updated Renoise has been updated to version 2.6.1.
- Synapse Audio Dune 1.2 Synapse Audio Software has announced that DUNE has been updated to version 1.2.