Serato launches the Serato Remote iPad app
DJs equipped with an iPad can now control the Serato Scratch Live and Serato DJ software from their tablet.
Serato has launched Serato Remote, and iPad app (iOS 6.0 and later) that allows you to remotely control the main functions of Serato Scratch Live and Serato DJ. The app is also compatible with the hardware controllers supported by the two software.
Serato Remote features three tabs:
- Pads to control the Cue points and loops in the Virtual Deck, and an extended view for accessing manual loops and samples
- Sampler features 4 bank of 6 sample slots which can be accessed from the Virtual Decks and the extended view. You can adjust the volume, playback for each sample or the master volume for all the samples, control the playback (trigger, hold, on/off) per sample slot and sync you samples with Serato DJ
- FX allows for effect remote control, with Latch and Temp modes, as well as loop rolls and effect simultaneous trigger via the new FX Roll mode
Serato Remote also lets you explore the library and load files to the decks and sample slots.
Serato Remote requires the latest versions of Scratch Live and Serato DJ, which have been updated for the occasion.
Serato Scratch Live is now in v2.5, an update that brings, along with the iPad app support, Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus support, MIDI Output Lightning feature that will light the LEDs of you MIDI controller when using Scratch Live, and a free sound library by Loopmasters.
Viewers of this article also read...
- -25% off FabFilter bundles and updates FabFilter offers a 25% discount off all their plug-ins until August 1st and announces a new update for all their plug-ins.
- Simple Sam Samples samples a Stradivarius Simple Sam Samples introduces Signor Paganini Solo Violin, a spiccato / staccato violin sample library for Kontakt.
- Ploytec introduces the 700W compressor Ploytec announces the availability of is new 700W compressor plug-in in VST and AU formats for Mac OS X and Windows.