Audiofile FiRe 2 App
Audiofile Engineering has released FiRe 2, a new version of their field recording App that has been redesigned and rewritten for the latest iOS devices.
FiRe 2 incorporates new features including:
- Advanced editing suite with SmartEdits, Bezier fades, change gain, normalize, looping playback, regions and more
- New Transport screen with faster and smoother drawing and larger waveform view
- EQ and Dynamics effects
- iTunes file transfer
- Input processing powered by iZotope
- Record in background
- Dropbox integration
FiRe 2 features an editing suite that utilizes Audiofile’s SmartEdits technology from their audio editing application Wave Editor. Rotating the iOS device to landscape view allows easy editing with cut, copy, paste, delete, crop and remove. Further editing features including applying Bezier fades, change gain, normalize, remove DC offset, and loop playback.
When the time comes to share recordings, users can choose AIFF, WAVE, CAF, AAC, Apple Lossless, Podcast, Ogg Vorbis, and FLAC, and with a few taps send them to a computer via iTunes Sharing.
SoundCloud and Dropbox
FiRe adds the file sharing service Dropbox. Recordings can be uploaded to a Dropbox account.
EQ and Dynamics
Audiofile Engineering has created new EQ and Dynamics that include compression and expansion with the ability to adjust threshold, ratio, attack time, release time, and input and output gain as well as three EQ filters: Highpass, Lowpass, and a Band Cut/Boost filter.
Powered by iZotope
FiRe 2 features unique input processing presets developed by iZotope. The new presets include Dictation, Interview, Lecture, and Office Mode in addition to many more from the previous version.
Pricing & Availability
FiRe 2 requires iOS 4.2 on an iPhone 3GS/4, 3rd/4th gen iPod touch, iPad, or iPad 2 and is available through iTunes for $5.99. FiRe 1.5 is still available for older iOS devices.
To learn more about FiRe 2, visit audiofile-engineering.com/fire.
Viewers of this article also read...
- DNR MixControl Offer DNR Collaborative Designs has announced a limited time offer, including a free copy of its MixControl channelstrip plug-in with any purchase at its shop.
- Voxengo Tube Amp v2.3 Voxengo has released version 2.3 of Tube Amp, a free audio effect plugin that applies asymmetric tube triode overdrive usually found in single-tube microphone pre-amp boxes.
- Audio Damage Panstation Audio Damage has released Panstation, an auto-panner and tremolo effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.