IK Multimedia has announced the release of DJ Rig for iPhone/iPod touch.
DJ Rig provides song-playing from the device's music library, automatic tempo sync and beat match, sample-based pads and performance recording, plus DJ effects. Together with iRig Mix, the mobile DJ mixer for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, DJ Rig is designed to represents a portable solution for DJing.
- Landscape and portrait interfaces.
- Access to iPod library and playlists.
- Deck controls: Volume, Pitch, 3-Band Kill EQ, Headphones and Crossfader.
- Tempo controls for fine BPM adjustments.
- 3 crossfader curves for customizing fades.
- Drag and zoom of waveform display.
- Auto-level detection and adjustment for balance between decks.
- Crossfade filter for fading between decks with bass or high filters.
- Customizable deck interface (available for in-app purchase).
- Multiple output configurations.
- Supports major digital audio formats including MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF.
- Live recorder.
Mix & Scratch
- Tempo Sync.
- Beat Match – for the first time, a DJ iOS app that can align songs' beats.
- BPM detection, beat analysis and beat map saving.
- 4 visual cue points per song (1 built-in plus 3 available as in app purchase).
- Automatic looping to create loops with tempo divisions.
- Scratching engine modeled on real deck behavior with CloneDeck technology for scratching.
- X-Sync mode detects the BPM from an external audio sources and automatically syncs the tempo (when used with iRig MIX).
- Effects deck with 12 effects: Delay, Flanger, Crush, Filter High Pass, Filter Low Pass, Filter Band Pass, Compressor, Wah, Phaser, Fuzz, Reverb, Stutter (6 built-in plus 6 available for in-app purchase).
- XY touch interface.
- All effects are BPM-synched.
- Multiple controls.
- Extra filter available.
- On-the-fly sampler machine.
- 9 pads matrix with assignable pads on 4 sound banks.
- 15 sound banks available (8 built-in plus 7 available for in-app purchase).
- Live sampling functionality.
- Pitch control.
Pricing & Availability
DJ Rig includes 6 DJ effects (Low pass, Band pass, High pass, Delay, Stutter, Phaser), and 8 built-in sound banks plus one adjustable cue point. These can be expanded with 6 more effects (Flanger, Comp, Fuzz, Reverb, Auto Wah, Crash), 7 extra sound banks, 3 more cues points plus digital deck interface, available together through in-app purchase in the Pro bundle pack.
The app is already available on the iTunes App Store at the special introductory price of $1.99/€1.59 for a limited time.
The Pro Bundle add-on expansion is available for only $4.99/€3.99 as an in-app purchase.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Over 150 free software tools to make music Making music with your computer when you don't have a penny is possible. And to prove our point here you have 150+ free software tools many of which don't have anything to envy their paid counterparts.