NUSofting Modelonia 2 Beta
NUSofting has released a Public Beta of Modelonia 2.0 for Windows. It is free to download and use until September 2011.
The free public beta is currently available for Windows VSTi - a Mac AU beta may come later. It includes 46 presets and features enhancements and changes compared to the previous release (Modelonia 1.7 - 1.8), according to NUSofting.
Modelonia is a "physical modeling" synth which uses a hybrid of two distinct model 'types' - a plucked-string model, and a blown-bore (i.e. trumpet-type) model. Each model may be used simultaneously and the signal path is designed to allow cross-modulation between the two models.
What's new in Modelonia 2.0, according to NUSofting:
Sound Engine Update and Upgrade:
- Two macro sliders are now available for realtime sound morphing:
- Gain macro linked to MIDI CC 45 by default.
- XM macro linked to MIDI CC 46 by default.
- The "Smooth" switch has now a different function: up to Modelonia 1.8 it was used to change the ADSR shape, now in 2.0 it turns on a set of DC filters that change the behaviour of both models Strings and Horn.
- The "PE" switch has been extended to a knob control: up to Modelonia 1.8 it turned on the "pressure emitter" in the Horn exciter, now in 2.0 it adjusts the PE in the right half turn (marked with a green curve), and it switches to an alternative algorithm when used in the left half (marked with a red curve). This new feature take better advantage of the external exciters, relatively to the "Lips" module, those are the Noise module and the String module via "XM to Horn".
- The harmonic waveshapers controlled by the "Modif" switches A and B, in the Horn module, have been updated. Especially the B type features now a more filtered sound.
- The "coupling fx" (the "CP" switch in "String" module) features now an harmonic enhancement.
- The A/B switch in the FX module adds now a soft Chorus to the Reverb, Chorus can be used alone as well, with Reverb mix at zero.
- The bottom pane with the microtuning sliders is now hidden by default, when then microtuning selection is hidden four VU meters, AP EQ and the macro sliders are showed.
- New equalizer in the output fx chain. This new AP EQ features two adjustable shelving filters.
- New Mono Legato mode for "enhanced realism" in solo playing of wind instruments and similar hybrid ones.
Viewers of this article also read...
- FabFilter Updates Pro-Q & Timeless 2 FabFilter have released updates for all plug-ins, adding new features to the Pro-Q EQ plug-in and the Timeless 2 delay plug-in, next to announced general improvements and bug fixes.
- HG Fortune Altair 4 This SciFi Sounds Lab is designed for use in soundtracks for movies or games in the genres of SciFi, Suspense, Horror, Fantasy and alike needing special, spacey, wobbly FX sounds.
- [Musikmesse] Yamaha i-MX1 Yamaha introduced the i-MX1 at MusikMesse - a MIDI interface that‘s connected to the Apple iPad and offers possibilities to control MIDI equipment.