reFX Vanguard
DJ Henny DJ Henny

« Great Dance or club music lead sound VST. »

Publié le 01/29/11 à 17:27
Vanguard installed on my computer with no problems at all, as with all the other reFX VST's that I have used. This VST has worked fine in every DAW I have ever used, including FL Studio, Ableton Live and Cubase 5. The GUI of the effect is very simple too as the presets come in categories that are tagged in front of the actual name of the preset sound. This VST is similar to PoiZone in a way that the GUI is pretty confusing with all the knobs and dials and can be pretty intimidating for the new user.

This VST works flawlessly on both of my systems. It is very stable and hasn't ever crashed my system, or programs. The load time of the presets is speedy and near instant. I don't really like the menu to pick the presets as it often overflows the entire screen, making it a nightmare to find the actual sound you want. There are arrow buttons to flick through but selective picking of sounds is hard and complicated to do on this VST. I prefer the traditional browser selection method in VST's such as Sampletank. I have used this VST for quite a while now and it's been a part of quite a few of my tracks.

This VST is brilliant for dance and club synths, and is jam packed with nice leads and thick pads. Lots of the synths do however sound nearly the same. They sound brilliant in any RNB or Hip Hop song. The VST also has a nice range of pads and atmosphere sounds for the backdrop. There is quite a few filler sounds in this VST that are just there for the sake of it and do not really contribute to the Vanguard experience. I do not like the way presets are selected though and the actual GUI. That is the only problem I actually have with Vanguard. Knowing what I know now, I would still get this VST if it didn't come with FL. This VST is an essential for anybody making club or dance music.