Carl, a retro synth sequencer for Mac OS X
Simo Virokannas, aka IHIHI, has released on the Mac App Store a standalone synth sequencer inspired by vintage analog devices.
With Carl, you can create retro video game and chip tune sounds on Mac OS X. The app features the following:
- Analog-style synthesizer with sine, triangle, square, sawtooth, noise and SPS waveforms, mono- and polyphonic wavetables, Unison, Drum and FM modes, three routing options (add, mult and mult + add), attack, release, parametric vibrato, balance and volume controls
- A sequencer with unlimited tracks, piano roll editor, tempo, quantize, mute and solo controls and copy/paste/duplicate functions
- Save, import and export presets
- MIDI Live playback and recording and keyboard track
- Song export in WAV format
Viewers of this article also read...
- Liquid Rhythm v1.4.4 with extended compatibility Wave DNA released version 1.4.4 of its Liquid Rhythm software and plug-in in order to extend both hardware and software compatibility.
- TBProAudio launches the LA xLimit limiter plug-in TBProAudio announces the availability of LA xLimit, a new look ahead, wideband, stereo-linked limiter plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows.
- PluralEyes offered with a Rode microphone Until the end of the year, Rode offers purchasers of one of their microphones the Red Giant PluralEyes audio/video sync software.