Amt Electronics Fatal Tube
Amt Electronics Fatal Tube

Overdrive pedal from Amt Electronics belonging to the Classic series.

iamqman iamqman

« Not Bad »

Publié le 04/04/11 à 20:13
This pedal has a great tone, but not quite metal for me. I do like the tone from it but I find it to be more of a regular distortion pedal than a metal focused pedal. Another beef with this is that it feels a little and looks a little cheap to me. The control knobs seem a little generic and cheap. I think I'm just not a fan of the knobs they used for this pedal.

This pedal was designed to give a bit of tube grind to a metal pedal unit. You definitely hear that approach on this unit. AMT does have some great products for the metal musician but I'm not that big on this unit.

This pedal is quite easy to use with only six knobs. That may be a little more than most distortion pedals, but nothing you wouldn't see on any high gain amp. In fact compared to most metal amps that have 20+ knobs like a Engl or a VH4 than this is pretty mild in comparison. Equipped with Level, Low, High, Drive, Gain, and Contour knobs there is a ton of varieties so mess with to target your desired tone.

This pedal is designed to work with a humbucker style guitar and a farely clean amp. This pedal has a lot of gain on tap, so a high gain amp is going to be a little much for this pedal however, if used as a boost then it may come in handy.

This pedal does sound pretty good at emulating a tube amp. AMT is know for there great amp simulating analog pedals and this is a good one. I don't find this to be much of a typical metal pedal but it is a good tonal distortion pedal.

I'm not much into distortion pedals, as I like to get my distortion from my amp but this is a good sounding unit. If you have a clean amp and need a solid distortion with a lot of EQ options available then this is a great pedal. At new these units come in at around $120 which is a great price for what it can do.

I would recommend this pedal to anyone on a budget and needing a solid distortion box. They are good sounding, but a little cheap in housing in my opinion.