< Tous les avis Chandler Tube Driver
Chandler Tube Driver
Chandler Tube Driver
Published on 02/28/09 at 13:47
The Chandler Tube Driver is a real tube based overdrive guitar pedal. It is made in the USA has a 1/4 inch input and output and I believe is has a 12Ax7 type tube. It is not a rackable unit, as it is a stomp box.

The general configuration of the Tube Driver is really easy to follow, and it is easy to get a good sound from this. It has four knobs - one for output level, two for EQ - one controls the hi end, one control the low end, and another knob for the level of the tube drive. The parameters are straightforward and getting a good sound is a breeze. I don't have a manual for this so I can't speak to how helpful it is or not.

The sound quality of the Chandler Tube Driver is outstanding. The overdrive is really fat and full in tone. It has a good amount of parameters that makes it have the ability to get a few different overdrive sounds. I use this with guitar - a Gibson SG and a '76 Fender Twin Reverb, and I get some awesome results. The end product is a thick overdrive sound that is great for rock and indie, and especially great for playing thick rhythm guitar tones. Being that this has a real tube, it has an authentic tone that is hard to match unless there is a real tube involved.

I've been using the Chandler Tube Driver overdrive pedal for about three years. It is dependable and has a great tone quality to it. It is built like a brick and is really easy to use. I would compare this to the Nady TD-1 tube overdrive, since they are both tube based, but the Tube Driver takes the cake as I think it is fuller in tone. Getting a great tone is easy and the price is reasonable for a great sounding pedal like this. Definitely recommended for anyone interested in tube based overdrive for guitar.