Digigram VX Pocket V2
Digigram VX Pocket V2
romrom78 romrom78

«  Ideal for my laptop! »

Publié le 12/10/10 à 11:47
The main feature that motivated my choice is the PCMCIA connector, because by means of plug my sound card is directly plugged into the motherboard of my laptop. In fact, I did not want an external sound card connected via USB 2 because the memory of my computer is a bit Lightship did not over FireWire connector, so I opted for the PCMCIA connector in order lighten considerably the work required of my CPU.

My problem before you buy: my laptop generates a lot of noise! All my recordings were parasitized by the hum of my hard drive, which sabotaged my shots of her. In short, acquiring a good sound card was de rigueur, and I must say that this problem is largely solved since I use the VX Pocket V2 Digigram.

Once installed drivers the card is stable ... but when I got back even twice.

GETTING STARTED

Regarding the installation, I downloaded via website Digigram drivers and drivers needed. In this regard, the site offers them for Mac, PC and Linux, and declined according to the different version.

That said, i had to return twice because I met some conflicts during my first installation. I must confess also, that there really is no manual ... it is from right to left to wander in search of some features and info I realized that there was in fact in my case, that is to say with XP, three completely different systems independent of each other. So of course at the beginning is a bit annoying ...

Apart from this minor detail, I must also say that there is no update ... once it's installed and it works: it works!

I use it for a little less than six months.

The card comes with a cord that ends with a radiant: I have two XLR inputs, one S / PDIF (digital link, coaxial cable, RCA, impedance 75 ohms), two XLR outputs, an S / PDIF and an RCA plug for the time code (SMPTE).

Another version exists with a headphone output, which is not my case. I would then have an adapter to a two XLR Stereo Jacks, then a headphone amplifier. Anyway, so, I do otherwise.

To conclude, I must say I am very happy with my card VX Pocket V2. I have not the slightest breath in my decision of his ... Snoring linked to my laptop has meanwhile disappeared. I bought it used, well below the price new. I'm still very happy today!

Despite the absence of instructions worthy of the name, I see 9 / 10 anyway.