or
Create an account

or

Thread Cheap Software

• 14 replies
  • 5 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Cheap Software
Hi, I'm looking to buy some cheap software for home recording/sequencing and would like your advice as to what I should get. Here is the current list of possibilities:

- Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro
- Cakewalk Music Creator 2003
- Cakewalk Home Studio 2004
- Making Waves Audio (Entry Level)

Or if you know of anything else in a similar price-range, feel free to suggest it. Any advice is appreciated. TIA.
Show first post
Hey Father Lennard, I am in very similar place as you. So how did Music Creator work out for you?
It arrived in the post the other day. I've been messing around with it for a while now and so far it seems great. Fairly quick and simple to use, an infinite number of recording tracks which is useful, plus the sound quality seems suprisingly good for the price. It has all the functions I need and is fairly intuitive to use so overall a great buy.

The only problem I've experienced so far is that the built-in metronome function is far too quiet and gets easily drowned out by the sound of your instrument, making it hard to keep your recordings in perfect time... but there's probably an easy enough solution to this that I've overlooked, and besides it's only a minor broblem really.

Overall it's a good piece of software for a great price, I'm very pleased with it, so I'd happily recommend it to anyone in the same position as me (that's you sirhoff!). 8)

Thanks for your help guys, excellent advice. This'll be the first place I come for any home-studio-type problems or questions I have i the future. Keep up the good work. :D
Hey Father Lennard

How are you connecting your mixer to your Soundblater 5.1 soundcard?
I use a Behringer Eurorack (see www.behringer.com/02_products/prodindex_ub.cfm?id=UB802&lang=eng). Wasn't too expensive, and works just fine.
The issue you're having with the metronome may resolve itself as you get into knowing the program. There might be an Options or Settings dialog, where you can set things like Metronome volume, etc. Search around on the Toolbar.
I use Sonar HomeStudio 4, and after a bit you can get the software pretty much set for the way you like to work within it. Hope it goes well!