Darkglass Electronics Microtubes B7K

« The ultimate overdrive-preamp »

Published on 02/29/16 at 14:18
Value For Money : Correct
Audience: Advanced Users
Used with a Jazz Bass into a Chillbass 100's, alongside a Rat and Big Muff. I play post rock and other punchy styles.
It's a very sturdy stompbox, no battery.

Very efficient and versatile settings. It's possible to get a good OD out of it, but I mostly use it for a constant sound coloration, it's always on and I use it to get more in the mix with an extra EQ stage. I also use it as a DI for demoing.

This stompbox brings life to the sound. In the past, I've used a programmable Tech21 Sansamp Bass, and I absolutely don't regret changing for this one. Soundwise, it really is in the league above in my opinion.