Library Monkey 2.0 & Sound Grinder Pro 2.0
Monkey Tools has announced the release of versions 2.0 of Library Monkey Pro and Sound Grinder Pro.
Changes in both applications:
- Added POW-r Wordlength Reduction Types 1, 2, and 3 dithering.
- Added full support for MP3 HD files. Learn about mp3 HD.
- Added functionality to analyze assets in the background to auto-fill Peak and RMS metadata.
- Added the ability to import Sonic Solutions files with metadata to provide playback and conversion to other file formats.
- Artwork in media files is now handled by loading the artwork as needed instead of loading during import. As a result, the "Import Embedded Artwork" Preference has been removed.
- Added support for capturing crashes in order to collect user feedback and upload to Monkey Tools.
- Added Open Recent Session menu to provide quick access to recent Sessions.
- Added functionality to read and write Markers through WAVE file cue points.
- Added support for disabling the Channel Mask when creating WAVE files Added a WAVE file setting called "Include Channel Mask" that defaults to off that will make multi-channel files more compatible with Pro Tools.
- Added Preference to disallow spaces in output filenames.
- Added the option to use the filename without extension as a source to a metadata field in the Metadata Tab.
- Improved Monkey Tools Trim Plugin: Added the option to limit assets to a maximum time on export. -Added ability to select to trim just the beginning or just the ending of the audio.
- Fixed an issue where default settings would not be restored properly and would cause incorrect files to be created.
- Fixed an issue where converting from FLAC => FLAC and changing the sample rate would result in incorrect output files.
- Fixed an issue with "Copy from Selection" in the Metadata tab where the application could crash.
- Fixed an issue where processing through AU plugins would always display an error.
- Fixed an issue when reading ID3v2.4 tags where the size of individual metadata was not being calculated correctly for large metadata.
- Fixed an issue where using the FhG Surround encoder could cause the application to hang.
- Fixed an issue where a crash could occur if an Empty folder was selected for import.
- This version contains several other fixes and enhancements providing greater stability and efficiency.
Additional changes in Library Monkey Pro 2.0:
- Added support to import the iTunes XML Database directly including all Tracks, Metadata, and Playlists.
- Added functionality to allow for the pruning of missing files as well as removal of any asset from any library.
- Added a metadata item "Asset Added Date" to indicate the date and time an asset was added to the Database.
- Added Soundminer to file and iTunes Library to file metadata mappings.
- Fixed an issue where a crash could occur in the Database when an asset was updated in a Convert Session.
- Fixed some issues where the search engine was not properly handling the search scope and search terms.
Viewers of this article also read...
- DirectEMX Updated to v1.0.4 DirectEMX v1.04 upgrade offers 64 bit support for Windows and a new midi implementation called DirectMIDI, designed to expand compatibility and possibilities.
- Sound Magic Lucky Bean Piano Sound Magic releases its Lucky Bean Piano virtual instrument.
- Tone2 AkustiX Enhancer Tone2 Audiosoftware announced their soon to be released effect plugin AkustiX Enhancer, a collection of enhancement effects designed to complement the mix and mastering process.