Selmer Reference 54 Tenor
Selmer Reference 54 Tenor

Saxophone from Selmer belonging to the Reference series.

le reverend le reverend

«  A reference Selmer (héhé!) »

Published on 12/27/11 at 10:49
I use this for almost 3 years sax. I had tried any other sax, yeah saw it on this model I learn to play.
The instrument is easy to play, just, and what I like is that there are no surprises: if the sound is bad, it's not the fault of the instrument. The problem will most probably what is placed before the beak :-)
I bought this sax on the advice of my sax teacher, well I can: the instrument is reliable, the sound is good, and if I ever get tired of the sax one day I sold it (without losing too much money it seems). Used it's affordable: less than € 3,000 for a professional quality instrument, it is not stolen, it is still necessary to have the means to put the money into an instrument.
I like, so I not count.
The future will tell me if this instrument is robust and ages well. Well, it's Selmer, and they are not known for making stews, so I'm pretty confident.

The disadvantage of such an instrument is that if I ever have to one day play an instrument poorly, I will suffer in comparison to this one ...

As an amateur guitarist but really amateur scratch, I learned that in terms of instruments should not seek noon to 14h and if you want to save time and money: to invest in safe securities at the beginning . Experiments, it will come later, when the ears hear the differences that fingers and breath feeling. When an instrument of booting, there's a whole education to be; make much of a reliable instrument. :-)