< Tous les avis Avid Sibelius 7
Avid Sibelius 7

Score writing software from Avid belonging to the Sibelius series

Azuma Azuma
Published on 02/26/13 at 09:18
The program works on any platform either Windows XP, Windows Seven or MAC OS , so compatibility issues shouldn't be a problem.

The manual included with the program is great , Avid made a great book explaining how the program works , how it's made and the basics of it.

The general configuration and setup is quite fast , I haven't had any problems with it , and it took me a short amount of time to get it done.

The typical functions aren't as easy accessible , however once you get to know how the program works , everything about the creation process goes much faster.

The software works good in this configuration , everything is well made and produced.

The gear and software are very stable and works without any crashes or errors.

I've been using Sibelius for about 5 months now , it's been a great tool to learn another side of the music like notation , orchestration and other cool stuff.

What I like most about it is the fact that you can either work with a midi on multiple channels , so you basically control your own orchestra with just an midi , I also like the fact that this is also a very educational program , I learned different signatures , ties , notes , and other cool timing effects in here , I understood how they work and how you can achieve different type of feels and grooves using pauses and accentuating a certain beat.

I also like the interface , I like how at the beginning you have a windows to choose different instruments that you're going to use, so that way you can make a very fast decision on the type of the music that you're trying to create and where are you going with it.

Precision and quality of the sound is quite good , however some of the instruments do not sound as good as you may find in other bigger libraries , so 8/10.