Doepfer Dark Time Sequencer
Doepfer has an analog sequencer in development intended as an add-on for their Dark Energy synth.
- two rows with 8 controls each
- for each step:
- - rotary control (same knob type as Dark Energy)
- - red LED
- - three-position switch On/Off/Skip
- - three-position switch Stop/Continue/Jump
- several operating modes:
- 1x16 (i.e. the two rows are daisy-chained)
- 2x8 (i.e. both rows run in parallel)
- custom mode (e.g. three times row 1 and the once row 2, probably not yet available in the first firmware version)
- several running directions:
- several voltage / tuning ranges: 1V, 2V, 5V (corresponding to 1/2/5 octaves)
- quantization on/off/custom scale (custom scale probably not yet available in the first firmware version)
- transpose via switch (-1/0/+1 octave), Midi/USB or external CV input
- timing control, selected by a three position switch:
- internal via built-in clock oscillator with frequency and pulsewidth controls
- external via Midi/USB
- external via analog clock/start/stop
- analog interface for CV/gate/clock/Start-Stop (inputs and outputs, 3.5 mm miniature jack sockets)
- Midi interface
- USB interface (power supply via USB is not possible)
- basic parameters are set in the configuration mode (e.g. Midi channel for row 1, Midi channel for row 2, Midi clock dividing factor, custom scale, custom running mode)
- optically adapted to Dark Energy (same knobs, same depth and height, same wooden side plates and so on)
- Powered via external power supply (12 AC/min. 400mA) for 230V
- powering the device via USB is not possible, because the analog circuits require a dual voltage (+/-12V).
Pricing & Availability
All the specifications (above), prices and release dates are still without any obligation. Doepfer expects date of delivery at the end of this year with a price tag of Euro 450 - 500.
Viewers of this article also read...
- This Summer, jam with BeatBuddy Mini for $99 Singular Sound has announced a special offer on their BeatBuddy Mini personal drum machine.
- Moogfest: Moog to bring back Minimoog Model D While Moogfest 2016 is currently (May 19-22) being held in Durham, NC, Moog is bringing back Minimoog Model D through a pop-up factory.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Dreadbox present Drips Dreadbox is at the Musikmesse to present Drips, a Eurorack format modular drum machine.