Squarp Instruments Pyramid

« Squarp Pyramid, or how to get rid of your computer! »

Publié le 12/26/17 à 07:23
Value For Money : Correct
Audience: Advanced Users
I’ve used it for a few months now for electro/hip-hop prods in a home studio, and soon in a live context where it will control an Arturia Minibrute, a Moog Sub Phatty, a Korg Minilogue, an Elektron Rytm and an MPC 2500 XL. I control the sunths using a Roland A500PRO MIDI keyboard through the Pyramid’s MIDI in.

- In spite of its small format, the Pyramid remains very sturdy. It clearly was built to last, the knobs and chassis all look reliable and sturdy!
- It’s easy to adapt to using it, especially thanks to a very well-thought manual. Of course, you’ll need to know the ABC of using a sequencer and also MIDI, but no big deal. The Pyramid offers 4 well-thought and practical modes: LIVE for live recording, STEP for step-by-step editing, TRACK for managing the MIDI tracks and SEQ for editing sequence-relative parameters. The OS features regular updates, bringing new features such as MIDI effects (arpeggiator, transpose, delay…), an improved piano roll, a better sequence manager and so on. The Pyramid is very reliable and so far I have encountered no OS-related issue or bug.

- pros : the Pyramid can be taken anywhere easily, takes little space and is sturdy. The OS is stable, and updates come regularly – and they’re very consistent. The Pyramid offers all you could expect from an audio sequencer – and even more! The Squarp team is very attentive to customer reactions. The product is made in France :)
- cons: the interface can first appear somehow confusing, but once the machine’s logic has been assimilated the learning curve turns into a musical creation highway.

In the end : I’m more than happy with this sequencer, and I’d do the same choice again for sure!!