Fender FM 212R
Fender FM 212R
iamqman iamqman

« A big old no thanks. »

Publié le 07/10/11 à 21:50
The all black version of the Fender frontman which is only cosmetically different then the silverface once from Fender that you would normally see. Same lame features of terrible sounding solid state tone.

What is this amp....is what I'm thinking when I first glance at it? It looks very deceiving because it looks like a Fender Twin or something but it doesn't have any tube and it's not an amp modeling even though it is priced at that price point. If you see this thing at yard sale beware because you might think you're looking at a Twin Reverb but you come to find out it is some solid state two speaker waste of time.

It has three channels that sound awful besides the clean channel. The clean sounds decent but god lord this amp is terrible!!

Effects Loop: Effects Loop (Preamp Out, Power Amp In)
Inputs: Two
Auxiliary Input: 1/4" Footswitch Jack
Channels: Three Selectable Channels (Normal, Drive and More Drive)
Power Handling: 100 Watts into 4 Ohms
Controls: Normal Channel: Volume, Treble, Bass. Drive Channel: Drive, Volume, Channel Select Switch, Treble, Mid, Mid Contour Switch, Bass, Reverb.
Hardware
Cabinet Material: Black textured vinyl covering
Pilot Light Jewel: Red Amp Jewel
Handle: Molded Black Handle
Front Panel: "Blackface"™ Style Control Panel
Amplifier Length: 9.5" (24.13 cm)
Amplifier Width: 26" (66 cm)
Amplifier Height: 19.5" (49.5 cm)
Amplifier Weight: 48 lbs. (21.7 kg)
Effects: Reverb

NO tonal change between this amp and the terrible sounding silverface edition. This thing is so bad I am actually embarrassed to have listened to it. It sounds horrible with any guitar and and effect pedal you put through it. It takes pedals extremely bad and guitar sound like your playing hasn't improved since you first picked up a dusty acoustic guitar.

This amp...I'm sorry is just garbage. I am not sure what the point is for this amp. I have been trying to wrap my head around why Fender would market this product and I can't come to any conclusion. They have a Mustang series amps that are around the same price point and do amp modeling which sound far more superior if that's possible with an amp modeler to this thing.

At new they come in at around $300. Which to me is about $200 too much. I didn't give this an unusable rating since it does have a Fender clean tone, but if you want any amount of distortion then throw this thing off a roof and buy a Roland amp modeler or a Line 6. Who would I recommend this to...no one! Don't waste you time getting a Twin Reverb look a like solid state paper weight.