Marshall MG15DFX
Marshall MG15DFX

MG15DFX, Solid-State Combo Guitar Amp from Marshall in the MG 2nd Gen series.

MGR/Anonymous9 06/24/2004

Marshall MG15DFX : MGR/Anonymous9's user review

« Marshall MG15DFX »

Got this with a Yamaha Pacifica at Hooters, Watford: £299 for the set including other stuff as well, so the amp was probably £70ish if you deduct the rest of the kit (don't expect to get this price unless it's part of a pack).

This is a great amp. It's a really good size - not as small as the 10 watt model (which looks weedy) and about the right size for bedroom practice. I don't know about the sound though - I have turned the volume up to 2 (out of 10) and I don't really want to make it any louder in case I annoy the neighbours. It's pretty damn loud (hopefully)! It's really good having a headphone socket so you can practice silently, and the effects are great (although I don't use them much - this is Marshall's cheapest DFX amp). Overall a great amp, buy it!

The power plug is a bit short so it helps if you have a wall socket nearby or an extension lead. Apart frkom that it's great for the size and price.

It looks really tough and well made and I haven't had any problems.

A great amp, definitely for bedroom practice but it can probably play really loud as well so for any use really.