Vox Pathfinder 10
Vox Pathfinder 10
kyleohare kyleohare

« GREAT Bedroom Practice Amp »

Published on 05/08/12 at 18:01
Solid State, 10 watt amp. Simple controls with a drive channel. Plug your axe in and play!

EASILY get great clean VOX tones out of this puppy. I mean, we're talking -- this thing really impressed me with how much it sounded like it had tubes in it. Vox really made a great practice amp worth mentioning!

Sounds FANTASTIC on the clean channel. However, the 'drive' channel or distortion channel sounds rather tinny probably due to the smaller speaker size. It's still OK though, and very useable.

Love its size, weight, response and tube-like VOX cleans.

Tried numerous practice amps before buying one of these, and my blues - playing father stole it from me promptly once I upgraded to all tube stuff. I have guitar gear OCD, so that's just how it goes.