Soundtoys 5.0.2: an important notice for Mac users
SoundToys has issued a warning regarding reported issues with version 5.0.2 of their plugins for Ableton Live & Studio One users on Mac systems.
SoundToys have become aware of a serious bug that affects automation and session recall with the latest version 5.0.2 release of their plug-in roster. This only affects Audio Units plug-ins on the Mac, and testing so far has revealed a problem with Ableton Live and Studio One. This problem does NOT affect Pro Tools or VST version users.
The problem is as follows: Ableton Live and Studio One sessions that are using the Audio Units version of SoundToys plug-ins will not recall automation data correctly when using the recently released version 5.02 of our software.
First, if you're under such a configuration and have not yet upgraded to v5.0.2, do not do so and wait until the following release which should fix this problem. If you have already installed 5.0.2, the following recommendations from SoundToys apply to you:
- Do not save any sessions using Audio Units and version 5.0.2 (if you have already saved sessions with version 5.0.2, you may have to recreate your automation data).
- Remove version 5.0.2 and re-install the previous version 5.0.1, which can be downloaded from your Soundtoys account. You can find detailed instructions for uninstalling version 5.0.2 here.
- After re-installing version 5.0.1, you may see an "Unknown Parameters Found in Preset" message. This is harmless. Re-save your session and it will go away.
More details to follow as to the release date of the next update.
Viewers of this article also read...
- SoundToys updates to v5.0.2 SoundToys has released version 5.0.2 of its entire range of v5 plugins.
- Job opportunities at SoundToys SoundToys is currently offering different job opportunities at their Vermont headquarter.
- SoundToys launches Winter Sale SoundToys has launched its 2016 Winter Sale with up to 50% off.