< Tous les avis B.C. Rich Assassin PX3T
B.C. Rich Assassin PX3T
ToneTrooper ToneTrooper

«  Ok for the price. »

Published on 02/22/11 at 02:55
Made in Korea (I hearing that the plant Cort)
Neck through, 24 jumbo frets, maple neck, nato body (mahogany Asian?), Ebony fingerboard
Pink Floyd original, 2 Rockfield Mafia humbuckers and split, with 3-position selector.
In short, full of good promises!

The problems begin when we receive the guitar:
According to the spec of BC Rich, the handle is fine, like Ibanez, or actually it is much wider and thicker. Although the handle is across, the heel is very thick and the access to acute is similar to that of a bolt-on neck guitar.
We must also love the dial position microphones, a bit stuck between the volume, tone, and the floyd. I prefer when the switch is below the volume for quick changes.

Finally, the guitar is a little heavier than those with an alder body, and some will be disturbed by the lack of muzzle to the forearm, but it is not negative points for me. In addition, the guitar is well balanced.

If I put 3 is clearly due to the size of the handle, so it's very subjective, but basically do not believe their eyes closed the specs of this trademark.

I thought I'd change the pickups (Rockfield Mafia) but in fact they are very good. the sound goes very well with the style of the guitar, rather fit in it.
I use it with different amps and Utopia G200, primarily a Laney TF400.
The body and nato neck through give a full sound where the bass are not lacking.
The only downside is the lack of a clear lens, but always with a 3 position switch, one is a bit limited. nothing really bad.

I've had it almost 2 years ... Well, not exactly, since the first one to leave the grounds of paint / varnish crackled under the screws around the pickups and floyd.
BC Rich had prepared a nice product, shame that the build quality is not at the rendezvous.

If it all over again, although this is a good guitar for the price, I will not go that choice. The handle and the dial position microphones do not suit me, and being scalded, I fear that the coating partner again.