Charvel Desolation Soloist DX-1 FR
Charvel Desolation Soloist DX-1 FR

STC-Shaped Guitar from Charvel belonging to the Desolation series.

Ju13090 Ju13090

EMG 81 in the bridge / EMG 85 in the neck
3 position selector
A general volume

USE

The handle is incredibly nice, slim, very fast, I'm a pro BC Rich for over 10 years, I found my penultimate acquisition, bc rich stealth, fabulous leave his flat and wide neck, but it is happiness x 2.
The handle is really nicer than my BC RICH, flatter, thinner, more is unvarnished, something I've always found highly enjoyable to play.
The finish is flawless, no bad cut fret, nor evil pasted.
The neck-level factory setting was really good, probably the best I had seen.
Acute one easily reaches.

I did not test the guitar strap, but given the form it should have a standard uniform has all kind of model.

Its level compared to the stealth EMG 81 and alder body, maple neck and ebony button, the Charvel with mahogany body, maple neck and rosewood fingerboard sounds less bass, less serious, more slamming, better defined, many more medium.
Both are granted if a 12/60 pitch with 25.5 for the Charvel and 13/64 with 24.75 pitch for bc rich. The small gap for pulling comprenser the length of the tuning fork can recess a little play on the "serious" look but it will remain slight.
Anyway, the sound is really clear, something that can be really interesting when playing in low tuning.

NOTICE GLOBAL

I use it for a short time, but the differences between my other two are the bc rich.
The Charvel is much more comfortable neck level, it is clear, I do not say that c is necessarily better for everyone, but it is the small detail that might make me change brand Charvel / Jackson permanently.
The kind of time or you say "shit and if I sold but bc rich for jackson or Harvel"
The value for money, I heard a lot of trouble this guitar, as what it is not worth the price, that it was no longer the pre Charvel that Fender has just affixed the Charvel logo, or c ' is downright a stew unnamed I even saw types revendres after his remarks.
I play for 13 years, the marketing aspect of Fender, I tappe total, there is written Charvel or stew on the head, for me it's still a great guitar, super fun to play and really sounds well.
I paid new in store for 800 euros.
And I really like this medium side it gives off, I who always play guitars with lots of bass.