Charvel Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1 HH
Charvel Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1 HH

STC-Shaped Guitar from Charvel belonging to the Pro-Mod series.

iamqman iamqman

« Awesome!! »

Publié le 03/29/11 à 21:41
The US made Charvels are the best guitars I have ever played. I have played Andersons, Suhr, Fender, Gibson, Tyler, and too many more to even mention. None of them have the feel and comfort that the US made Charvels have. All of these are solid guitar but not close IMO to these new Charvels. Since Fender has taken over Charvel and brought back the way they should be made....things have been never been better.

The day I first got the chance to play a So-Cal Tangerine I was blown away. No guitar has ever had the mojo and gut wrenching raw power and aggression that this guitar had. I got to play this guitar up against a San Dimas and I would prefer that guitar only due to the pickups. The So-Cal has Dimarzios where the San Dimas has Seymours which had a bit more aggression. The Dimarzios sounded a little bit more smoother and vintage sounding. Which was cool as well, but I really am a fan of the Seymour's in my guitars.

This guitar had an Alder body and a Maple neck and that was about it. Sounded like a hot rod guitar should sound like.

This guitar had one volume knob and a pickup selector and that was it. It was simple and efficient. No fancy mini switches for boost or tone knobs that really don't do much. I mean who uses those stupid things anyway....well I do on my single coil Strat. This guitar needing none of that extra stuff.

The tone coming from this guitar was superb. The tone and the pissed off Strat element was just too much. So I bought the amp I was playing it through. A Splawn Quickrod went home me that day. I played it through a Splawn 4x12 with small block speakers. This combination was just a match made in heaven. I love the guitar so much that it has changed my perception of my Les Paul. I think it may take a back seat to this guitar.

I think this guitar can play to any kind of music, but it just screams to be played rock hard. Heavy pissed off Marshal type tones just blend so well with this guitar. These are just simple guitars with so much character. I love the simplistic element to them. They are just simple and just right. I can see myself owning several down the road.

This guitar represents everything that is right and sleazy about rock n roll. It has an elegance and an attitude all at the same time. This is the hot-rodded guitar I have been waiting for since I learned the guitar.

I would recommend this guitar to anyone who appreciates a solid built axe that is simple and the best neck on a guitar you can find anywhere. The best thing about these guitars is the get better the more you play them.