Hufschmid Guitars Helldunkel
Anonymous

« Hufschmid Helldunkel with Exclusive Glowbuckers »

Publié le 12/26/17 à 11:49
Audience: Anyone
I have owned this guitar for about 3 months now. The builder Patrick Hufschmid is nothing short of a perfectionist when it comes to build quality and the final details that make a guitar a cut above the rest.

Starting with the shape, Hufschmid has a unique take on the modern super Strat style, with beautiful bevels and sharp edges that give it a sleek look. It also makes it incredibly comfortable either standing or sitting. The neck shape is a full feeling "C" shape that is super fast and comfortable all the way up. As you'd expect, the fret work is absolutely perfect as well, with no sharp edges or high spots, coupled with a pretty flat radius that makes the guitar almost effortless to play.

The body and neck are made from Sapele Mahogany, which is supremely resonant. You can feel that the guitar is alive and responsive when you play it. My guitar also has a maple fretboard, which gives an even more unique look compared to his usual dark fretboard choices. A straight string pull design headstock with locking hipshot tuners gives unparalleled tuning stability, even with heavy bending of the strings, and temperature changes.

The exclusive Glowbuckers fitted to my guitar are unbelievable. They are a passive pickup with a fairly high output, but retain a beautiful warmth under clean tones and low gain. With a higher gain tone, the clarity they retain is amazing, with huge chords ringing out for ages. It would happily lend itself to almost any play style and genre.
Also, THEY GLOW. Couple that to the glow in the dark side inlays it gives you a very striking look under dark stage lighting and the whiteness of them in normal lighting also makes them stand out.

I absolutely love everything about this guitar, from the way it looks and feels all the way to the ethos of the builder. I couldn't be happier with mine and I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a beautiful handmade custom guitar to definitely check out Hufschmid. I can honestly find no faults with this guitar and it's become my guitar of choice over my other 2 customs and Parker Flys. Definitely gonna get myself a 7 string made by him in the near future as well.

Images linked to this review