Ibanez RG503
Ibanez RG503

STC-Shaped Guitar from Ibanez belonging to the RG Standard series.

PowerG PowerG
Publié le 09/30/07 à 10:42
- In neck Maple
- 24 cases
- 2 humbuckers (V7 and severe acute V8)
- 1 micro simple (medium S1)
- 1 Floyd (Pink Floyd Patented) and a block-chords
- A 5-way switch
- 2 knobs: one for the tone and one volume

Limited edition, they all have the same paint: black gradient at the edges to green / turquoise in the center, all transparent enough to see the wood grain - it has a wicked style!

Handle very thin and moderately large, very nice, very fast. The frets on the other hand are very precise.
The treble is very accessible (as well strato indented), is the guitar is well balanced in terms of weight.
I really appreciate the fact that there is little knobs. No need to take the head with it too. It can nevertheless be very quickly is desired.

The only thing that needs to look a little above, it is to agree when you have a floyd like this (floating bridge), so that when you touch a string, you must retune the others too ( but those who have already received a floyd know what I mean).
However, the mechanics of this guitar are impressive: the mechanics of the head and screw on the bridge are very precise, the string keeps blocking it all up without any problems (once granted, I no longer touches a key for 1 months in general, and yet I use the floyd and bend galore! - for this reason that I do that 9)

I play a little bit of everything but mostly rock (from pop to metal) and funk. I play a lot of Peavey and Marshall, but also Fender and Vox. In any case I can find the sound that goes well: micro serious split for good funk riff, medium for pop, double grave for large neo metal riffs and solos for treble pickups and funk.
In all cases, the big feature of the Ibanez is that it is very clean. Besides, if I may sound a bit filthy, but rather the side effects that I have to run.

As soon as you plug in a chorus or a delay with this one is scratching in paradise: the attacks on his frank and beautifully crystalline agree, I can not get enough, it was soon a sound that is incredibly pro without forcing.

I own this guitar for 9 years, I had paid a little over 6500 francs at the time (about 1000 € for new), but I can tell you that I have never regretted: the quality is much higher than the price I paid. I loved the sound Ibanez and Jackson, and the mouth of the RG, but I found them all a little too metal type. I tried a lot and I came across this one that first took my breath away a visual point of view and has proved very versatile. on the other hand, if well-kept one feature of the Ibanez is its cleanliness.

I use it in rehearsal and in concert with my band (we play all the styles mentioned above) and it never made me lurch. The handle is really exceptional (I have a Fender too, and the handle is really good too but not as fast as this one), and the sound is breathtaking (again it depends a little amp necessarily, but my favorite is a small Fender is a duo that rocks!). The only thing is that in concert halls, it is better to take 5 minutes before going on stage to retune since when it's hot and wet wood working, and it is sometimes a little "tricky" to to retune the Floyd.
When I check (on my multitrack or Cubase) with amp simulations, it is up there too: the sound is nickel and sounds really pro.

In any case, I never get tired of this guitar, I would do this choice with his eyes closed. Besides, if you know of other models of the brand that provides the same quality for the same price range, tell me, I'd be curious to try.