Warriors STRAT
Warriors STRAT
jimiyves jimiyves

«  Very good value for money, change for microphones disto »

Publié le 03/20/11 à 12:31
It is a strat whose model is EGS12RDM (the red) that you gave me for my birthday (83 € fdp included on ebay). I wanted a cheap Stratocaster, real wood, to customize gradually.
It suited me to make for their price and the fact that it incorporated the usual characteristics of a stratum (alder body, maple neck, config SSS pickups, 22 frets, tremolo).
However the finish is bad. It is true that I'm used to guitars rather upscale, but good considering the price you'd expect (junction sleeve / body badly cut, body not quite regular, etc.).
I put 6: characteristics are exactly what I wanted, but the finishes are not good (but considering the price ...).

I first tried it a while without the plug and it is really nice. I fear it is completely disordered, but after having given the only drawback is the height of the strings a bit high but still playable. After tuning it therefore has a playable guitar. For my part I will still make a further adjustment.
It is a bit lighter than I had before strat U.S..

So actually ... clear both in his sound is very good and well chattering quite defined, both in the fact that distortion at all! The sound is metallic, very rough, almost unusable. I do not mean that the microphones are simple and not duplicate, no, I've played with good simple distortion and it does not do that, especially here as soon as there is a slight crunch. So I'll change the pickups ... I play on an amp simulator Premium, the Axe-fx. Otherwise the sound is well in line strat except disto.
I put 5 because it is clear that its top and distal is bad.

What I like most: cheap, fun to play, it holds the tuning well. I was mostly high-end U.S. strat Parker Fly Classic, Lag Roxanne, Barrillon custom, and now a Musicman Petrucci. I wanted to play different sounds in and save me, and I really enjoyed my strat. I just did not want to put money and customize As the guitar.
Is that it is fine for this, except that I wanted to start by changing Mecas when finally they are correct, and change the pickups later, when I'll have to move quickly to play a little distortion.
Later I will change the Mecas, vibrato, neck and body to finally have a really high-end scratch while buying little by little.
I recommend this guitar to any beginner, hard to beat for the price, it's a guitar really correct.
I put 8, because the price is ridiculous and it still has a very good guitar. The finish is a bit annoying, but it's not very serious. I put 9 with a sound as good or correct distortion, and 10 plus the best finishes. So you see what you prefer, knowing that you can find good cheap microphones in OCCAZ including GFS.