[Musikmesse] Charter Oak SCL1
The CharterOak SCL-1 Discrete Compressor Limiter is designed to provide a constant output level regardless of input level or frequency, without the familiar pumping and gasping effect that is inherent in most compressors and limiters.
This can be attributed to the design of the circuit, which combines the features of waveform differentiation and integration, according to the manufacturer. This supposedly allows for fast attack times without overcompensation and a release characteristic that is a function of dynamic range and average program level.
The processor is delivered with a lifetime warranty on all parts and labor and easy access to factory technical support.
- Frequency Response 20Hz-22kHz
- Harmonic Distortion Less then 1% with 20dB of gain reduction @ +20dBm output.
- Maximum Output +22 dBm
- Signal to Noise Ration -85dB referenced to +10dBm
- Attack Time Adjustable from 100us to 5ms
- Hold Time Less than 2ms. Unit provides a soft clip. (Less than 3% total harmonic distortion @ 3dB clip)
- Release Time Adjustable from 20ms to 2 seconds
- Cross Talk -90dB
- Input Impedance 600 Ohms balanced
- Output Impedance 600 Ohms balanced
- Sync Tracking Control circuits are matched to within less than .25dB over the entire gain reduction range
- Power Requirements 117VAC or 230 VAC
Its price should be around €2700.
For more, check out our video of this product.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Sound Devices CL-2 Sound Devices has introduced the new CL-2 Boom Pole Remote Fader for the 788T.
- Sound Devices 788T-SSD Sound Devices has introduced a new model to its recorder lineup at NAB, the 788T-SSD.
- Yamaha Ships IM8 Consoles The eight-bus IM8 series includes the same build and testing procedures as the PM series mixing consoles and will be available in three models with 24 (IM8-24), 32 (IM8-32) and 40 (IM8-40) channels, respectively.