Drawmer launches the S2
The new S2 Signature Series Dual Channel Tube Compressor is the latest product to emerge from Ivor Drawmer’s high end designs.
Here’s all the details in their own words
* BIG- Retains bass frequencies and minimizes undesirable ‘pumping’ by rolling off the detection signal at 75, 125 or 250Hz (user switchable). Afully variable level control allows for the desired amount of Big processing and an in/out switch provides the option to remove from the signal path for A/B comparison.
* BRIGHT- Adynamic high frequency enhancer to keep compressed audio sounding fresh and bright with continuously variable frequency control (500Hz to 20kHz) and amount of dynamic enhancement.
* DRY- Mixes user defined amount of ‘uncompressed’ signal with the compressed signal to create ‘parallel compression effect’ without the need for external mixing devices.
- 2 channel soft-knee tube compressor
- Fully balanced internal signal path
- Class A design
- Isolation transformers in and out
- ‘Alltube’ circuit design
- Variable attack and release with optional ‘programme dependent’ auto release operation
- Dual mono or stereo link operation
- Switchable ‘peak’ or ‘vu’ metering to display transients
- Switchable +10db or +20db meter re-scale modes
- 8 segment gain reduction metering
- ‘Big’ mode for retaining low frequencies
- ‘Bright’ mode for enhancing high frequencies
- ‘Dry’ mix mode for ‘parallel compression effect’
- Balanced XLR inputs/outputs
Viewers of this article also read...
- Universal Audio 1176AE Universal Audio announced the 1176AE Anniversary Edition, celebrating a decade since UA refounding by Bill Putnam Junior to revive the classic UA products made famous by his father, Bill Putnam in the 1960s.
- Phanthera and Phantom Classic Shipping Brauner is now shipping their Phanthera and Phantom Classic microphones.
- Neumann TLM 67 Neumann celebrates its 80th anniversary with the launch of the TLM 67.